This course is funded by NASPO to be FREE for everyone.
Type: self-paced, online
Description: The purpose of this course is to define market research and how it influences decision making in public procurement. Market research provides important information to identify and analyze the market need, market conditions, suppliers and competition.
Learning Objectives: Participants will be able to
- Define market research.
- Identify the four key components of a market research plan.
- Explain the benefits of market research.
- Identify the internal and external resources to use for market research.
- Determine which primary and secondary data collection tools to use for market research.
- Analyze how market conditions affect supply and demand in market research.
- Analyze how market distribution and share affect market research plans.
- Determine the type of competition and its impact on market research plans.
- Create an industry and sourcing strategy.
- Define market capability and capacity.
- Describe the components of market intelligence and their impact on market research.
- Create a market research plan for one of their projects.
Course Technology Requirements:
- Internet connection
- Support web browsers:
- Recommended: Chrome, Firefox, Safari (latest versions)
- Avoid: Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- If prompted, accept all cookies and allow popups
- Access to Procurement U LMS
- Ability to play and listen to audio through computer speakers or headphones
Contact Hours: This course offers three (3) contact hours for continuing education credit.