- January 15, 2016
- Posted by: James Bregenzer
- Category: News
Procurement U released the State Certification Toolkit, a comprehensive resource for state procurement professionals who are developing a certification program or seeking to build upon their current program.
The Toolkit, which is available at no cost, provides NASPO members:
- General guidelines on state certification;
- Questions to consider when evaluating your state certification program;
- Examples from states with existing programs; and
- Ideas and options for state officials who are developing or enhancing certification programs
NASPO recognizes that state procurement officials are in the best position to identify what policies, procedures and practices work best within their own state. Please note: the Toolkit is not meant to be a recommendation of only one best practice, nor is this an assessment of the effectiveness of any state’s existing program. The Toolkit is intended to allow state officials to compare and analyze components from several different programs to determine what best meets their state’s needs.