HomeNewsNewsNASPO Hosts Common Policy Priorities Discussion with Six Partner State Government Associations
NASPO Hosts Common Policy Priorities Discussion with Six Partner State Government Associations
February 9, 2016
Posted by: James Bregenzer
On January 25, 2016, seven state government partner associations came together at AMR Management Services Headquarters to discuss each partner organizations’ top policy priority issues, and also raise awareness and identify common issues among the represented associations. The event was co-hosted by NASPO and NASCA. Participating organizations included:
• National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO)
• National Association of State Facilities Administrators (NASFA)
• National Association of State Auditors, Comptrollers and Treasurers (NASACT)
• National Association of State Technology Directors (NASTD)
• National Association of State Personnel Executives (NASPE)
• National Association of State Procurement Officials (NASPO)
• National Association of State Chief Administrators (NASCA)
NASCA and NASPO staff compiled each associations’ individual priorities list in the 2016 State Government Partners’ Crosswalk, which demonstrates how each organization’s issues intersected. The partner associations confirmed this analysis and agreed that this is a working document that the partners should update annually.
Participants spent time discussing common policy priorities as a group, identifying specific challenges of their own members and the tactics the associations were using to support members. An overview of the discussion is available here.
Leslie Scott (NASPE), DeLaine Bender (NASPO), Kinney Poynter (NASACT), Matt Oyer (NASPO) and Marcia Stone (NASFA) discussed recruitment and retention during a breakout session. This was the most common policy issue among all associations attending.
Bill Slone (NASFA), Krista Ferrell (NASPO), Meredith Ward (NASCIO) and Shawn Vaughn (NASCA) discussed how each association’s membership addresses different facets of disaster preparedness and cyber security threats.
For questions about this event, or other partner activities, please contact Sarah Razor, NASPO Director of External Relations.