- March 27, 2019
- Posted by: James
- Category: News
Happy Procurement Month! Here at NASPO, we want to say thank you for not only the work you do in the month of March, but every month! We celebrate Procurement Month because this month gives us the opportunity to recognize your hard work, but also to help educate elected officials, vendors, and taxpayers about the work you do as your role of stewards of public trust. Please enjoy this short video about why procurement is important and how you can help us celebrate Procurement Month!
Here are some ideas to celebrate Procurement Month:
- Stay up to date with NASPO on Twitter and watch the NASPO Network and website for Procurement Month ideas, recognition and special posts.
- Use #celebrateprocurement on LinkedIn and Twitter to share pictures, ideas and celebrations from your own state.
- Utilize Procurement U to further professional development and educate staff on complex issues.
- Check in on the Pulse blog for information on the latest topics in procurement.
- Hold an open house and invite agencies to learn about what your office does and how you can work better together.
- Host procurement professional development opportunities for those outside of your agency to build communication and camaraderie.
- Encourage procurement staff to celebrate the month with meals or special treats to recognize their accomplishments.
- Use your newsletters and other modes of communication to let others know you are celebrating Procurement Month.