- June 22, 2017
- Posted by: James
- Category: News
Procurement U Fall 2017 CPPO Prep Course
Delivery Method: Web-based, Instructor Led
Duration: August 7 – October 8, 2017
Contact Hours: 12 (hours are considered non-accredited under UPPCC guidelines)
Registration Closes: July 26
Price: $300 discounted (Available to NASPO members and all other state government employees, including employees of public, nonprofit universities.)
$480 standard (Applies to all other learners, including federal, county, and city government employees)
Intended Audience: This course is for public procurement professionals that have met the eligibility requirements set forth by the Universal Public Procurement Certification Council and are planning to take either the Certified Public Professional Buyer (CPPB) or Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO) exams. Course participants are expected to have acquired prior knowledge in each of the domain areas through training, education and professional experience.
Course Design: While learning elements within this course cover the domain topic areas, this course is not designed to be instructional in nature. Rather the CPPB and CPPO prep courses are designed as a self-study, along with some facilitated review by a CPPB and/or CPPO certified instructor, of the UPPCC Body of Knowledge. Both courses provide resources, live-facilitated discussions, exam practice questions, and learning assessment exercises which allow individuals to gauge individual exam readiness.
- Recommended Resources: A list of readings and resources, including the readings recommended by UPPCC which are aligned to the UPPCC Body of Knowledge (BOK) are provided as resources that participants can refer to as they study the various sections within the six domains covered by the certification exam.
- Live Facilitated Discussion: An hour-long live facilitated discussion will be held for each domain. These virtual meetings will provide an opportunity for discussion with the course facilitator and other participants. The meetings will be recorded for those unable to attend the live version. To receive course credit, participants must participate in all live webinars or watch the recorded versions.
- Exam Practice Questions: Questions are provided as a self-assessment tool for candidates preparing for certification. These questions were developed by NASPO staff and UPPCC certified members. The question development process mirrored UPPCC’s process for the creation of the actual certification questions. However, these are just sample questions for practice purposes only and are not drawn from the actual exam.
- Learning Assessment Exercises: These exercises include questions and scenarios intended to engage the learner in critical thinking around content related to each domain. Course facilitators will provide feedback on each participant’s response to exercises. Completion of the learning assessment exercises are also required to receive course credit.
- Other Resources Provided: Each participant is given a free copy of State and Local Government Procurement: A Practical Guide (which is one of the books included on the UPPCC Recommended Readings list), tips for exam preparation, and access to a discussion board to engage with other professionals preparing for the exam.
If you have any questions or difficulty registering please contact the Procurement U staff.