Talent Management Strategies
This Procurement U online course is designed to familiarize students with the challenges facing procurement offices in talent recruitment and retention. In this course, students will learn the best strategies to improve recruiting practices, gain an understanding of the methods to develop the skills and abilities of high-performing talent, become familiar with the steps for effective talent coaching and developing a succession plan, and gain the basic knowledge to develop a positive workplace culture to improve talent retention.
Chief Procurement Officers, Procurement Managers, or personnel with staff management and training responsibilities
To provide procurement officers with an understanding of the talent recruitment and retention challenges facing procurement offices and the tools to overcome those challenges.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify challenges facing procurement offices in talent recruitment and retention.
- Define the four-step talent management strategy.
- Identify strategies to improve recruiting practices.
- Describe the methods to develop the skills and abilities of high-potential and high-performing talent for effective talent development and retention.
- Define the steps to effective talent coaching to help develop talent succeed.
- Outline the steps necessary to build a strong succession plan.
- Identify ways to build a positive workplace culture to improve talent retention
Please contact [email protected] for troubleshooting or any questions pertaining to the course.
Proprietary Interest Policy:
Any subject matter experts and NASPO staff involved in the development of this course have no proprietary interest in any of the content, materials, activities, or resources used or referenced herein.
Privacy and Information Security Policy: