Introduction to Sole Source Procurement
This web-based, self-paced course can be accessed through the Procurement U Learning Management System (LMS).
This course is designed to define sole source procurement and examine its use within state procurement. The course provides fundamental information about this method, including when it is appropriate to be used. Strategies for increasing transparency and avoiding unnecessary non-competitive procurements will also be explored through an interactive scenario.
This is an introductory course. The target audience includes, but not necessarily limited to, state buyers (e.g., entry-level and intermediate), contract administrators, finance/accounting managers, risk management supervisors, compliance officers and consultants.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and importance of negotiations within state procurement
- Describe the goals of negotiation
- Discuss the who, when, where and how of negotiation
- Outline the negotiation process from start to finish
- Explain what happens in each step of the negotiation process
Please contact [email protected] for troubleshooting or any questions pertaining to the course.