Introduction to Requests for Proposals
This web-based, self-paced course can be accessed through the Procurement U Learning Management System (LMS).
This course will provide participants with strategies for reviewing and preparing RFPs as it pertains to public procurement.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand when to use a Request for Proposal(RFP) instead of other methods.
- Identify the steps in the RFP process.
- Define responsible and responsive Bidders.
- Identify stakeholders in the RFP process.
- Describe the elements of a Scope of Work.
- Understand best practices for the development of specifications.
- Determine when insurance, bonds and licenses are needed for an RFP.
- Identify the components of issuing, receiving and opening an RFP.
- Analyze the skills and knowledge needed by members of an evaluation committee.
- Recognize opportunities for conflicts of interests within the evaluation committee.
- Analyze the key components of effective evaluation criteria.
- Create and analyze a scoring system for an RFP.
- Understand the purpose of negotiations within the RFP process.
- Identify elements of a negotiation plan.
- Understand steps for approval and award of an RFP.
- Create an RFP template.
Please contact [email protected] for troubleshooting or any questions pertaining to the course.