Introduction to Cooperative Procurement
This course is designed to help current public procurement professionals understand the role and use of cooperative procurements.
This will include covering the use, benefits and characteristics of the different types of cooperative contracts. The use of statewide contracts, national cooperatives and the General Service Administration schedules are discussed. Furthermore, learners will explore the due diligence process for selecting a cooperative contract.
Procurement Assistants (administrative support, warehouse inventory manager, warehouse inventory support staff) and buyers (entry-level buyers, intermediate buyers)
To provide procurement officers with an understanding of the fundamental concepts of cooperative procurements.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the defining characteristics of cooperative procurement.
- Discuss best practices in cooperative procurement.
- Differentiate between the uses of cooperative contracts.
- Discuss the characteristics of a cooperative solicitation.
- Identify and describe your own state policy on cooperative contracts.
- Identify existing national cooperative organizations.
Please contact [email protected] for troubleshooting or any questions pertaining to the course.