Introduction to Bid Protests
This Procurement U online course is designed to introduce you to bid protest concepts and explore what it means for you as a procurement professional to have a bid protest process in place in your office.
Topics include the types of bid protests, the value and consideration of a bid protest process, disadvantages of not having a bid protest process, and tips for handling bid protests.
Procurement professionals relatively new to the field, or those who are looking for a better understanding of the bid protest process.
To provide procurement officers with an understanding of what a bid protest is and procedures followed during the bid protest process.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between the two types of bid protests.
- Determine potential reasons for bid protests.
- Identify the advantages of a bid protest process to an open, transparent procurement system.
- Identify the risks/considerations of a bid protest process to an open, transparent procurement system.
- Identify the disadvantages of NOT having a bid protest process to an open, transparent procurement system.
- Differentiate between the different phases of the bid protest process.
- List the procedures typically followed during a bid protest.
- Describe the tips for handling bid protests, disputes and claims.
Please contact [email protected] for troubleshooting or any questions pertaining to the course.