Introduction to Bid Protests
This Procurement U online course is designed to introduce you to bid protest concepts and explore what it means for you as a procurement professional to have a bid protest process in place in your office.
Topics include the types of bid protests, the value and consideration of a bid protest process, disadvantages of not having a bid protest process, and tips for handling bid protests.
Procurement professionals relatively new to the field, or those who are looking for a better understanding of the bid protest process.
To provide procurement officers with an understanding of what a bid protest is and procedures followed during the bid protest process.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between the two types of bid protests.
- Determine potential reasons for bid protests.
- Identify the advantages of a bid protest process to an open, transparent procurement system.
- Identify the risks/considerations of a bid protest process to an open, transparent procurement system.
- Identify the disadvantages of NOT having a bid protest process to an open, transparent procurement system.
- Differentiate between the different phases of the bid protest process.
- List the procedures typically followed during a bid protest.
- Describe the tips for handling bid protests, disputes and claims.
Please contact [email protected] for troubleshooting or any questions pertaining to the course.
Proprietary Interest Policy:
Any subject matter experts and NASPO staff involved in the development of this course have no proprietary interest in any of the content, materials, activities, or resources used or referenced herein.