Ethical Procurement Strategies
This Procurement U online course is designed to dive into the importance of ethics and values in public procurement, including strategies for successful ethical decision-making needed to identify and prevent fraud, antitrust violations, and other anti-competitive practices.
Although not required, the Introduction to Ethical Procurement course is recommended as a prerequisite to this course, particularly for someone new to a role in public procurement. The intro course provides the fundamentals of competition, laws, codes, and policies associated with a role in public procurement
Public procurement professionals that have some experience and want to explore real-life scenarios and use an application-based approach to learning more about the role of ethics in public procurement. Also, Procurement U learners who have taken the Introduction to Ethical Procurement course and wish to learn more about how to apply that knowledge at their job on a regular basis.
To provide procurement professionals with a scenario-based learning environment to practice and deepen their understanding of ethical strategies in procurement.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the importance of ethics and values in the procurement workplace.
- Identify practices that hinder competition at various stages in the public procurement process.
- Determine how adequate competition relates to an unrestrained market.
- Determine how collusion relates to antitrust violations and affects public procurement.
- Identify red flags of procurement fraud outlined by the FBI.
- Identify the Procurement Officer’s role in preventing fraud and antitrust violations.
- Apply a successful approach to ethical decision-making.
Please contact [email protected] for troubleshooting or any questions pertaining to the course.
Proprietary Interest Policy:
Any subject matter experts and NASPO staff involved in the development of this course have no proprietary interest in any of the content, materials, activities, or resources used or referenced herein.
Privacy and Information Security Policy: