Data Analysis in the Real World
This course discusses data-driven decision making across a variety of sectors such as healthcare, education, and government. This course also offers recommendations for decision-making based on data analytics for each sector. The course will begin with an introduction of Big Data, then continue into a deeper dive on its implications within each sector.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Explain the management implications of the use of business intelligence and knowledge management systems
- Define Big Data and describe its current uses for analysis and future potential and its implications
- Explain common analytics for business and quality improvement
- Recommend manufacturing business decisions based on data analytics
- Explain common analytics used in health care
- Recommend health care decisions based on data analytics
- Explain common analytics used in education
- Recommend educational decisions based in data analytics
- Explain common analytics used in government
- Recommend governmental decisions based on data analytics
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 80% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.